Pkcs11Interop is managed library that:
- implements .NET wrapper for unmanaged PKCS#11 libraries
- is compliant with PKCS#11 v2.20 specification
- is compatible with .NET Framework 2.0 (and higher) and Mono
- is supported on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X
- is supported on both 32-bit and 64-bit platforms
- is available under open-source or commercial license
- uses 100% managed and fully documented code
- contains code samples covering all methods of PKCS#11 API
- is directly supported by its original developer
PKCS#11 is cryptography standard originally published by RSA Laboratories that defines ANSI C API to access smart cards and other types of cryptographic hardware. Standard is currently being maintained and developed by the OASIS PKCS 11 Technical Committee.
Pkcs11Interop is managed library written in C# that brings full power of PKCS#11 API to the .NET environment. It uses System.Runtime.InteropServices to define platform invoke methods for accessing unmanaged PKCS#11 API and specifies how data is marshaled between managed and unmanaged memory. More detailed information about library architecture can be found in Pkcs11Interop API documentation.
Pkcs11Interop has been confirmed to be working with the following devices:
- Siemens CardOS smartcard on Windows, Linux and Mac OSX
- Feitian ePass 2003 token on Windows
- Thales nShield Solo HSM (former nCipher nShield) on Windows and Linux
- SoftHSM (virtual HSM from OpenDNSSEC project) on Windows
Pkcs11Interop API is fully documented with inline XML documentation that can be displayed by your IDE while you develop your application. Detailed Pkcs11Interop API documentation is also available online.
Pkcs11Interop source code contains NUnit tests covering all methods of PKCS#11 API. Tests are well documented and they also serve as official code samples.
Current stable version of Pkcs11Interop is 2.0.1:
Archives with source code are signed with GnuPG key of Jaroslav Imrich.
Assemblies in NuGet package are signed with code-signing certificate of Jaroslav Imrich.
Pkcs11Interop uses dual-licensing model:
- Licensing for open source projects: Pkcs11Interop is available under the terms of the GNU Affero General Public License version 3 as published by the Free Software Foundation.
- Licensing for other types of projects: Pkcs11Interop is available under the terms of flexible commercial license. Please contact JWC s.r.o. at email@example.com for more details.
Pkcs11Interop is supported via following channels:
There are following official extensions and related projects available:
Pkcs11Interop has been written by Jaroslav Imrich.
Commercial license and support are provided by Slovakia (EU) based company JWC s.r.o.